February Snowfall Records Crushed
Snowfall records for the month of February have been shattered across parts of the Upper Midwest! After a rather quiet and mild start to the season, Winter has really packed a punch over the last month.
Eau Claire, WI has received 53.7″ of snow so far this month. That’s over 4.5 feet! This crushed the previous February snowfall record of 28.2″ set back in 1936.
Eau Claire has also set daily snowfall records:
- February 5: 7.7″ (previous 7.0″ in 2018)
- February 7: 4.4″ (previous 3.8″ in 1981)
- February 12: 9.5″ (previous 4.1″ in 2000)
- February 24: 11.8″ (previous 10.4″ in 2017)
The Twin Cities has picked up 39.0″ of snow in February. This easily beats the old monthly snowfall record of 26.5″ set in 1962.
The Twin Cities set daily snowfall records as well:
- February 7: 5.9″ (previous 4.1″ in 2001)
- February 10: 5.9″ (previous 4.3″ in 1959)
- February 12: 5.5″ (previous 3.2″ in 1940/1965)
March is set to come in like a lion for these areas with even more snow on the way for Friday!
What People Are Saying...